Late Summer Market
Zoom Events is visiting Cirencester for a Late Summer Market on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th September 2020. As on previous occasions our market will be held on the ancient Market Place in front of St John’s Church, but this time with social distancing and extra sanitation measures in place due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Visitors will find a wide selection of freshly prepared street foods, artisan grocery products, arts, crafts, clothing and accessories making for a relaxing outdoor shopping experience in a beautiful setting.
New Limits on Social Gatherings
This UK government recently announced that social gatherings of more than six people in England would be banned as of Monday 14th September 2020 for the foreseeable future due to a recent rise in Covid-19 cases. This reduces the maximum number of people who can gather socially from different households from 30 to six, although we understand shops, cafes, markets and visitor attractions are able to hold more people in total if they comply with government Covid-19 secure guidelines with groups (of more than six) from different households being separated from each other.
Zoom Events has been working hard to stay abreast of the latest government guidelines, putting in place detailed risk assessments and modified plans for our markets. During the Cirencester Late Summer Market we will have a range of extra sanitation and social distancing measures in place to help to keep visitors and traders safe during the ongoing pandemic. We ask that you do not congregate around the market in social groups of more than six people made up of different households.
Sanitation and Social Distancing Measures at the Cirencester Late Summer Market
Zoom Events is not holding food & drink, beer or music festival formats during the summer of 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Following the success of our Summer Markets in July and August, we have extended this format with a series of four Late Summer Markets during September 2020. These are being held at outdoor locations where it is possible to achieve social distancing with a market format.
Here are some of the things we are implementing at Cirencester Late Summer Market:
- Opening hours which are in-keeping with a regular market – no late closing times
- A layout of stalls which enables adequate spacing for effective social distancing
- Line marking and event signage to assist social distancing and queuing
- Provision of hand sanitising stations throughout the market
- Sneeze guards in place at the bar and stalls where appropriate
- Traders will bring their own supplies of disposable gloves and sanitiser with extra supplies available from the market operator if required
- Reduced advertising to a local audience
If you are attending the Cirencester Late Summer Market, please help us to keep everyone safe whilst having a fun outdoor shopping experience by:
- Adhering to event signage regarding social distancing and one-way systems
- Utilising hand sanitising stations and practising good personal hygiene, particularly before eating
- Bringing a contactless payment card if possible – most of the traders accept card payments
- Staying within your own family / friendship group and avoid mixing with other groups of people
- Bringing a mask to wear whilst shopping – although this is an outdoor market, you may feel it is safer to wear a mask. This is not compulsory but, the market will create an environment where mask wearing is supported as an additional precaution
- We request that where possible only one person from each family group joins the queue for our popular hot food stalls
Street food vendors attending the Cirencester Late Summer Market will include some familiar faces and new outlets too. Try the ever-popular pork or chicken souvlaki or savour British meats cooked in a smoker oven. Alongside there will be freshly prepared traditional Mexican dishes from Mexican Burrito, Chinese street food and crepes making for plenty of options to try.
A selection of handmade groceries from continental fine foods, baklava and saucisson to spice pastes will be available to purchase and enjoy at home. Pick up some award-winning waxed cheese truckles, tickle the taste buds with old English fudge from Granny Sally’s Confectionery or tuck into a chocolate treat from The Chocolate Box.
Arts and Crafts
The foodie treats at Cirencester Late Summer Market will be accompanied by an array of stalls with unique arts, crafts, clothing and accessories to explore. You will find unique, handmade items including soaps, vintage & antique inspired jewellery, perfumes, autumnal clothing, garden furniture manufactured in the UK and much more. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to pick up some fantastic items for the home & garden or exciting gift ideas.
Join us on Cirencester Market Place from 9am – 6pm on Saturday 19th September and 10am – 5pm on Sunday 20th September 2020.