Zoom Events is bringing some seasonal sparkle to Broadstairs with a Christmas Market on Viking Bay Parade from Thursday 10th to Sunday 13th December 2020. Visitors will have the opportunity to pick up some unusual Christmas gifts, festive hamper treats and stocking fillers in a festive outdoor shopping experience in a picturesque setting.
Extra Sanitation and Social Distancing Measures
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we have worked closely with traders to put in place a range of extra sanitation and social distancing measures to help keep everyone safe at this time. The measures are continually reviewed and updated in accordance with the latest government and local authority guidelines. To manage expectations, some traditional elements of a Christmas market will not be present, for example there will be no bar, children’s rides, entertainment or a seating area.
What we are doing to help keep you safe:
- Managing the number of visitors onsite appropriate to the space available and social distancing required. This will be accompanied by clear signage and pro-active stewarding
- Rope fencing and crowd barriers will be used to create a one-way system
- Provision of clear, separate entry and exit points
- If necessary, announcements will be used to remind people of their social distancing obligations
- No alcohol will be served at the market except that sold in sealed containers to be consumed at home
- We ask that only one person per household group queues to receive takeaway hot food orders
- Customers awaiting hot food orders may be asked to do so away from the hot food stand at busy times and will be called forward to collect food when it is ready
- Regular advance market information through our website and social media channels as it approaches
- Ensuring queuing areas have a 2M distance between them and markers where appropriate
- Installation of hand sanitation stations and hand washing stations
- Extra security and site personnel to provide advice and enforce social distancing measures
- Provision of Covid-19 safety rules that all traders must adhere to if they trade at one of our markets
What you can do to help you stay safe at our events:
- Adhere to the social distancing and sanitation rules in place at all times
- Follow the advice of stewards and security staff onsite in regards to social distancing
- Read and adhere to signage in regards to distancing, queuing, one-way systems, entrances and exits
- Stay within your own small family or friendship group and do not mix with other guests
- Use a contactless card to make payments wherever possible
- Bring items that the government has advised are likely to help you limit the risk of catching or spreading Covid-19 such as masks and small bottles of hand sanitiser
- Wash your hands regularly and especially before eating
- Place all rubbish in the dedicated collection points provided
Takeaway Street Foods, Handmade Groceries, Crafts and Gift Ideas
Gifts will be available for all the family from sterling silver jewellery, fragrance products, framed British artwork and cashmere scarves to Viking drinking horns. Among the takeaway foods on offer will be mouth-watering pork or chicken souvlaki, Thai cuisine and foods cooked in a traditional smoker oven. Visitors will also be able to choose from a selection of delicious groceries to take home including award winning waxed cheese truckles, Indian spices and a range of sweet treats.
Pop along to the Broadstairs Christmas Market on Viking Bay Parade, Broadstairs from Thursday 10th – Sunday 13th December 2020!