Late Summer Market
Following a successful Summer Market in July as lockdown measures were eased, Zoom Events is returning to Deal Castle Promenade with Deal Late Summer Market from 4th – 6th September 2020. The market will replace the annual Deal Food & Drink Festival held at Deal Castle since 2017, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Visitors can expect to find a wide selection of freshly prepared street foods, artisan grocery products, arts, crafts, clothing and accessories or enjoy a tipple by the sea from the Famous Last Stand bar. However, to manage expectations, please keep in mind this is a completely different format to the food and drink festival held regularly in previous years to keep visitors and traders safe at this time.
Sanitation and Social Distancing Measures at the Deal Late Summer Market
Zoom Events is not holding food & drink, beer or music festival formats during the summer of 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Following the success of our Summer Markets in July and August, we have extended this format with a series of four Late Summer Markets during September 2020. These are being held at outdoor locations where it is possible to achieve social distancing with a market format.
Here are some of the things we are implementing to help keep visitors and traders at Deal Late Summer Market safe during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Opening hours which are in-keeping with a regular market with earlier opening and closing times
- A layout of stalls which enables adequate spacing for effective social distancing
- Line marking and event signage to assist social distancing and queuing
- Socially distanced seating area with tables well separated from each other
- One-way systems
- Low key bar area – there will be no music stage, cooking demos and limited children’s activities unlike the entertainment provided at our food and drink festival held in previous years. These features could encourage crowds of people to form and dwell in close proximity hence they will not be present
- Provision of hand sanitising stations throughout the market
- Sneeze guards in place at the bar and stalls where appropriate
- Traders will bring their own supplies of disposable gloves and sanitiser with extra supplies available from the market operator if required
- Extra sanitising of tables, seating and toilet facilities during the market
- Extra event stewards to oversee social distancing and sanitation measures
- Reduced advertising to a local audience
If you are attending the Deal Late Summer Market, please help us to keep everyone safe whilst having a fun outdoor shopping experience by:
- Adhering to event signage regarding social distancing and one-way systems
- Utilising hand sanitising stations and practising good personal hygiene, particularly before eating
- Bringing a contactless payment card if possible – most of the traders accept card payments
- Staying within your own family / friendship group and avoid mixing with other groups of people
- Bringing a mask to wear whilst shopping – although this is an outdoor market, you may feel it is safer to wear a mask. This is not compulsory but the market will create an environment where mask wearing is supported as an additional precaution
We have a huge range of street food vendors attending the Deal Late Summer Market including some familiar faces and new outlets too. These include the ever-popular pork or chicken souvlaki alongside British meats cooked in a smoker oven, traditional Mexican dishes, Chinese street food, grilled German sausages, arepas, salad boxes and sweet & savoury crepes. There will be an outdoor seating area for alfresco dining with distanced tables and queuing systems for the bar and food outlets.
A selection of handmade groceries from continental fine foods, chocolate muffins and fudge to locally produced chutneys will be available to purchase and enjoy at home. Pick up some award winning waxed cheese truckles or try handmade chilli products such as ketchup, relishes and marinades produced in Kent.
Arts and Crafts
The foodie treats at Deal Late Summer Market will be accompanied by an array of stalls with unique arts, crafts, clothing and accessories to explore in beautiful surroundings. The line up in our crafts section is stronger than ever, so don’t miss out on an opportunity to pick up some fantastic items for the home & garden or exciting gift ideas.
Join us on Deal Castle Promenade from 11am – 6pm on Friday 4th September, 9am – 7pm on Saturday 5th September and Sunday 6th September from 10am – 5pm.