We will be hosting Hythe Summer Market from 7th – 9th August 2020 on the beautiful Holman’s Field Canal Bank. The market will replace the annual Hythe Food & Drink Festival held on Holman’s Field for 2020 due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The Hythe Summer Market will provide an interesting outdoor shopping experience with a delicious range of street foods and handmade groceries plus arts, crafts, clothing and accessories. To manage expectations, please keep in mind this is a completely different format to the food and drink festival held regularly in previous years to keep visitors and traders safe at this time.
Sanitation and Social Distancing Measures at the Hythe Summer Market
Zoom Events is not holding food & drink, beer or music festival formats during the summer of 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. A limited number of Summer Markets are being held at outdoor locations where it is possible to achieve social distancing with a market format.
Here are some of the things we are implementing to help keep visitors and traders at Hythe Summer Market safe during the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Opening hours which are in-keeping with a regular market with earlier opening and closing times
- A layout of stalls which enables adequate spacing for effective social distancing
- Line marking and event signage to assist social distancing and queuing
- Socially distanced seating area with tables well separated from each other
- One-way systems for entering and exiting areas such as the seating area or bar
- Low key bar area – there will be no live music stage or cooking demos and limited children’s activities unlike the entertainment provided at our food and drink festival held in previous years. These features could encourage crowds of people to form and dwell in close proximity hence they will not be present
- Provision of hand sanitising stations throughout the market
- Sneeze guards in place at the bar and stalls where appropriate
- Traders will bring their own supplies of disposable gloves and sanitiser with extra supplies available from the market operator if required
- Extra sanitising of tables, seating and toilet facilities during the market
- Extra event stewards to oversee social distancing and sanitation measures
- Reduced advertising to a local audience
If you are attending the Hythe Summer Market, please help us to keep everyone safe whilst having a fun outdoor shopping experience by:
- Adhering to event signage regarding social distancing and one-way systems
- Utilising hand sanitising stations and practising good personal hygiene, particularly before eating
- Bringing a contactless payment card if possible – most of the traders accept card payments
- Staying within your own family / friendship group and avoid mixing with other groups of people
- Bringing a mask to wear whilst shopping – although this is an outdoor market, you may feel it is safer to wear a mask. This is not compulsory but the market will create an environment where mask wearing is supported as an additional precaution
A delicious range of freshly prepared street foods will await visitors at the Hythe Summer Market. These include the ever-popular pork or chicken souvlaki alongside British meats cooked in a smoker oven, traditional Mexican dishes, Chinese street food, grilled German sausages, arepas, salad boxes and sweet & savoury crepes.
Scrumptious artisan and handmade groceries will feature strongly at the Hythe Summer Market – perfect to take home and enjoy. Award winning flavoured waxed cheese truckles, olives, chilli relish, chutneys, jams, fruit salads, saucisson and Turkish delight are just some of the products you will find to tickle the taste buds.
Arts and Crafts
We have a fantastic group of traders confirmed to attend the Hythe Summer Market who will be showcasing exceptional arts, crafts, clothing and accessories – many are local with others coming from a bit further afield. From contemporary art comprising local scenes to solid sterling silver jewellery and innovative kitchenware, you will find plenty of unusual gifts, treats and products for the home.
Join us on Holman’s Field from 10am – 7pm on Friday 7th August, 9am – 7pm on Saturday 8th August and Sunday 9th August from 10am – 6pm.
Parking has kindly been made available by Hythe Football Club on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th August 2020 at £1.50 per car.